Monday, January 25, 2010

I was recently hit by a bus

The weekend before last I was hit by a bus, hit and run style. I have been seeking the meaning of my life and what God desires from me, but not really pursuing it with everything I've got. Since the bus made contact I have started to think, "well, why did I survive with minor scrapes and bruises?" God could have taken me right there, ended my struggle here on earth, but chose not to. There is definately a purpose to this, rarely am I so sure as now. There are many areas in my life that could use some improvement, and I have already been in the process of staging my reforms. This blog will serve the sole purpose of being a way for me to channel some thoughts about my life, I don't really care if anyone reads it or not.

Thought number one.

I was reading today in a book of a former athiest in regards to finding proof of God's existence and overturning some of the arguments that cause the msot doubt even amongst fervent believers. I was struck by a refutal to the proposition that God cannot exist if there is evil in the world. It talked about using the standard of good to judge evil, and realistically thinking we can agree that horrible suffering isn't what anyone wants, and really is not the way we were meant to be. Haiti being in everyones thoughts right now, we can all agree that it is devastating and even "not right." That inner ability to decipher what feels wrong to us, is proof that God created us in his image, and to do good. The ability to choose good or evil is the one thing that makes possible. Real love, whether of man or God must involve a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment